Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'll try to be kind

But it is hard when a film such as Ladies Night (2003) tries my patience. Don't get me wrong, if you are looking for mindless entertainment, this is your ticket. This is a romantic comedy full of infantile cliches. We all understand about the dual nature of human beings. There is a constant tension between the spirited and the conservative among us. However, being "in your face" about it is so passe. The resources available to the director could have been much better utilized. I think they were hoping that the two pretty stars, Ana Claudia Talancon and Ana de la Reguera, would carry it. Yes, it was a hit in Mexico. As I said, the production values were excellent. But, it felt like a commercial. By the way, the men were hunks too.

No comments: