Friday, March 10, 2006

SDLFF Begins (March 9-19, 2006)

When I picked up my press pass on Thursday, I also picked up the program guide for the San Diego Latino Film Festival for 2006. The bold yellow, red, orange, green, brown, black, white, and purple colors energized me. Mexican folk art has certainly come of age--one of the best examples I have seen in years. Good choice SDLFF staff! Keep up the good work! The Media Arts Center San Diego throws a film party every year (this one is the 13th). But don't let the name fool you. SDLFF is much more--it is also music and the visual arts. It wasn't always like that. I remember when SDLff was just a few films. This year, there are over 100 films spread out over 10 days (not to mention the music shows and the art exhibitions). The buffet is served. Enjoy! Mukul Khurana

No comments: